Okeover Day OutLearn basic knowledge and practical skills for sea kayaking
All Experience Levels
Okeover Provincial Park
Duration & Times
May - Sept
* gourmet snacks included
Okeover Day Out
A refreshing day out that brings you away from it all. Paddle in a protected inlet with beautiful mountain scenery all around. Enjoy the quiet and find your kayaking flow after our initial kayak talk and set up. Look out for smaller marine mammals like seals and even sea lions while also looking out for big eagle nests and a variety of birds. We will paddle to an island in the inlet to have appetizers and take a moment to stretch before making our round trip back.
Where We Paddle
The Okeover Day Out Journey will include a 20-30 minute kayak orientation, followed by 1.5 hours approx. on the water before and after lunch. Our lunch stop-overs usually span an hour. The route may vary depending on weather and group dynamics. The paddling time is a nice balance of moving our bodies and kayaks and stopping to take in the scenery.
When & Where We Meet
We will meet at the Okeover Provincial Park. There is parking here and washrooms. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the start time as a trip form and waiver will need to be filled out. If you are under 18, an adult will need to sign on your behalf. Map
What is Included
- Your certified guide,
- All kayak and safety equipment
- A paddle jacket
- One dry bag (to keep your personal items secure and dry).
Please ask about any extra rentals if needed
What to Bring
- Shoes that can get wet and most importantly have grip. They need to have ankle support. I recommend runners, water shoes, Keen or Croc sandals. Closed toed shoes help against stubbing toes on rocks.
- Shorts or pants that dry quickly when wet.
- 2 shirts so you can adjust your layers depending on the weather.
- 1 light sweater
- A wool hat for cold days.
- Gloves for those who easily get cold fingers.
- Face mask
No cotton/jeans. They become heavy and cold when wet. Synthetic clothing such as fleece or polyester is a better option. These will warm with your body if wet.
Other items include:
- A hat or sunglasses for sun protection
- 1 litre of water and snack
- Personal medications
- Waterproof camera if possible, otherwise we have dry bags which will keep the camera dry
Please contact us with any further questions at email@example.com